Anime Fan's Dictionary Reference
selected terms: 155
page 8 of 8
- n.Liar. Though usotsuki can be a strong word, usotsuki can have much less severe connotations than the English word, frequently used without much seriousness.See also: uso
- n.Song.See also: utau
- 012To sing.See also: uta
- n.Crocodile; alligator.
- 024We. Wareware is a very stiff, official-sounding form of we. It is usually used by members of an organization to describe their group officially. In anime, most often used by officious villains talking about whatever evil group they're part of.
- pr ; m.I; me.Masculine pronoun, used almost exclusively by old men.Synonym: watashi, atashi, boku, ore
- n.The dark; darkness. This can be used both literally and in a similar figurative sense to the English word, covering both shady or illegal activities, and evil things.
- n.Guy; jerk. This crude word for another person is frequently used as a relatively mild insult, either directly or when talking about a disliked person. "Kono yarou!" = "You bastard!"; "Ano yarou." = "That bastard."See also: yatsu
- n.Vegetables (food).
- n.Guy; dude; fellow. A crude word for another person, used either in rough colloquial language or as a disrespectful way to identify another. Somewhat less insulting than yarou.See also: yarou
- num.FourSynonym: shi