Anime Fan's Dictionary Reference
selected terms: 13
page 1 of 1
- n.Fool, idiot.Synonym: aho
- n.A stupid person; an idiot.Where "baka" is used as a direct insult, "bakamono is used more frequently as a description.See also: baka
- colloq.Idiot; bastard. A simple insult, most commonly just yelled at the target.See also: baka
- n.A bomb. Applies to both planted bombs and those dropped from planes.
- n.Hooray; hurrah. Usually yelled as a generic cheer, but can also be added to another word; "anime banzai!" = "Hooray for anime!"
- n.Video; video tape. Used in roughly the same way as the English word it is derived from, as in "a video" or "on video".
- n.Beautiful girl.See also: bishounen
- n.Attractive young man.See also: bishoujo
- n.An ugly woman. This is very rude, and a relatively common insult.
- v.tr.To hit with an object. ("Butsu yo!"; "I'll hit you!")