Anime Fan's Dictionary Reference
selected terms: 14
page 1 of 1
- adj.Dangerous.Used broadly as a warning; "Abunai!" = "Look out!"
- n.Fool, idiot.From the Kansai (Oosaka region) dialect, but commonly used throughout Japan.Synonym: baka
- n.Romantic love.See also: koi
- adj.Bright; cheerful (personality).Usually used literally, but can be used figuratively as well.See also: kurai
- n.Demon; devil; evil spirit; Satan.Can be used both to describe a Christian-type Satan and more generally for evil demon-type creatures.See also: mamono
- n.Animation; common slang for "animeeshon".See also: animeeshon
- n.Animation.Note that animeeshon (nor its common abbreviation, anime) is not restricted to Japanese-produced animation; it can be used for any form of animation.See also: animeSource: English word "animation".
- interj."Umm..."Used to attract a person's attention, or as an interjection when a person is not clear on how to react to a situation.
- adj. Blue. Also used more broadly to describe cool colors in general--blues and greens. The green light on Japanese traffic signals are also called "aoi" despite the fact that they are green.
- adj. Fresh, as in freshly sprouted or young; similarly, used to mean naive. May come from either the green color of freshly sprouted plants, or from the blue spot that is present on the lower back of most Asian children.